Monday, May 19, 2014

Faith

I do this sport for me. Not for my parents, coach or friends, for me.  Cycling has brought me up from my deepest, lowest points in my life and made me into who I am today.  It gave me back my confidence and hope that I never thought would come back to me.  This year has definitely had its ups and downs, considering my multiple injuries I just haven't had the best of luck.  I've been working through the pain, its not as easy but I'm getting the job done.  I know I have a ton of support behind me and I couldn't be any more grateful.  Without my friends and family I wouldn't have gotten through the beginning of this roller coaster year.  One thing that I really depend on is my faith, I know I'm not mentally strong enough to make it in this sport yet, but I do have more than enough faith in myself.  Sometimes I have to take a step back and remember the big picture, I get caught up in the moment at times.  Like any teenage girl I have a big head, and I apologize for the way I act when things don't go my way. I constantly have to remember that it doesn't matter what others think of me, or the way I race, what matters is that overtime my results pay off and there slowly starting too. With school coming to an end and my big "A" races quickly sneaking up upon me, I'm starting to stress more! Luckily ill have a week between my goal race and my finals to wind back down.  I can't wait to step on the podium again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment