Thursday, January 9, 2014

JETCycling Team Launch

         January 4, 2014 was more than just another day.  It was the beginning of an amazing year to come.  I knew it was going to be a big day for everyone, but I had no clue waking up how special that day was going to be.  You could tell everyone was so excited by the smiles on their faces all throughout the day.  My teammates and I couldn't wait to see all the support we have, and to meet some of our amazing sponsors.  A few hours before the launch we had a team meeting to go over what was going to happen later that night,  we were all so ready we couldn't even sit still.  As Jet was talking about everything that was going to happen, every one of our faces were lit up, I could barley contain my excitement for the night to come.
         We had a few hours in-between the meeting and the launch.  We got ready, loaded up the van and took off, the whole way to Bike Religion all you could hear was laughter coming from all of us.  When we got there, all of our faces were in awe.  The venue was perfect, everything from the beautiful lights strung outside, to the perfectly align chairs inside.  Bike Religion had set our event up for success,  and everyone knew it.  When you first walked in, you saw a table full of our amazing sponsored products, all being raffled off.  Before we knew it, it was time for the main event to happen.
           As Jet walked up to the podium, we all huddled into the little corner by the bathroom in Bike Religion. All the emotions you could feel were starting to set in, it was finally here, the big moment was about to happen.  In that corner you could find 11 excstatic, nervous and determined girls, ready to take on everything and anything coming our way.  We stood back there unable to control ourselves from laughing, there was a lot of "shushing" and finger pointing in those few moments we were corralled.  Jet started talking about our amazing sponsors that we would be no where without, they provided us with everything we need for success.  We were covered from head to rubber! We had our super fast, super stiff Felt bicycles, and our amazingly handy Orange Mud transition and seat wraps.  After about 15 minutes or so Jet began talking about our amazing, new, unlike anything else, U23 team!  Ivie, Brenda, Andrea, Alexa, Karen, Sara, Erica and Karla had all been announced and were presented with their brand new 2014 JETCycling jerseys produced by JLVelo.  After all of the U23 ladies were sitting down, it was time for our 15-18 team; Julyn, Jessica, Kenzie, Me and then Mille.  As everyone one of us walked out you heard screaming, clapping, whistling, even the sound of cameras flashing.  It was unlike anything else I have ever done, these people were all here to see my team, my family.  The screaming was kind of overwhelming at first, I was shocked to see everyone.  As I walked out the crowd was ahead of me and when I looked to my left there was my team, 10 amazingly talented, supportive elite athletes and I was one of them. When everyone was announced and got their jersey, we all stood up and put our hands in the air, the crowd went wild.
Words can't describe what I felt that night.  All I know is that if I could go back in time and do it again, I wouldn't even have to think about it.  The announcement was out, we're coming and trust me, we're not holding back.  We're taking everything this year, NOTHING is going down without our blood, sweat, and tears.  Tell everyone you know, JETCycling is coming, and you better be prepared.

A HUGE thanks goes out to ALL our amazing and supportive sponsors! Especially to Bike Religion for the spectacular venue, and all the help throughout the week!!

1 comment:

  1. I love it. Excellent write up. So proud of you. I look forward to a great season for you.

    ReplyDelete